Let’s face it the flood of 2013 was catastrophic. Not only was living through it difficult, but it really impacted the businesses in Lyons, Colorado and the surrounding area. It’s been 4 years since the flood and some of you are still having difficulties from it. Finally, there is good news for those of you who have suffered substantial economic harm from the September 2013 flood and ongoing disaster caused by road closures.
The Recover Colorado Business Program has economic revitalization funds available. There are now grants and loans available to you through the Recover Colorado Business Program. These funds are only good for small businesses and non-profits in Boulder County.
Grants of up to $50,000 ($75,000 for entities with multiple impacted locations)
Loans up to $100,000 with favorable terms.
This program is offered free of charge to applicants.
It can reimburse businesses for
- Loss of revenue
- Destruction or loss of inventory
- Destruction or loss of furnishings, fixtures and equipment.
The questions is does your business qualify for a grant or a loan?
To qualify for the grant or loan-
- You need to be able to substantiate economic loss by providing financial records (month-to-month revenue statements, balance sheet, tax returns, etc.)
- Have at least $15,000 of annual revenue
- Have at least one full-time employee (40 hours per week)
- Be in business 6 months prior to the start of the road project
- Have at least $5,000 of uncompensated economic loss (not covered by insurance, SBA loans, etc.)
*Please know that this program does not cover physical property or real estate damage.
If you need help and think you can qualify, then make sure you apply by December 31, 2017. The application deadline is December 31, 2017.
We know the flood and the recoveries put you through a lot of stress and tribulation, but know this-we are on your side and are doing our best to help you get your business back on track and help your business thrive here in Colorado.
For more information contact:
Marianne Ballantine, Regional Disaster Recovery Counselor
Susan House, OEDIT Program Manager
Phone: 303-892-3815 or 970-400-5331]
For guidelines and to apply on-line visit: Economic Recovery