Did you know that the state of Colorado has programs to help ignite your business?
Not only is Colorado a great place to live, but with the amount of growth we are experiencing in the housing market your business is about to explode! Colorado has tax incentives and funding programs to help you give you the edge you need to succeed.
They have tax credits for businesses that are in aviation, disaster assistance and so much more. They even have grants available for businesses that are going to relocate to Colorado.
In order for you to be able to qualify for a grant, you’ll need to make sure your finances in order. How should you go about putting them in order?
- Look at your bank records. Have you been keeping your bank account reconciled?
- Find a grant that you think you may qualify for.
- You need to do your homework ready the Request for Proposal and follow the guidelines loosely.
- Prepare a plan. Meet with your team and see if this grant is a good fit for your business.
- Build a relationship. Call up the program officers and see if you idea aligns with the foundations’ priorities. If it doesn’t you just save yourself a ton of time. Repeat Step 1 if need be.
- Get your paperwork in order and get it ready to submit before the deadline. This includes wringing you r LOI- Letter of Intent and your proposal. Make sure you take the time to proof read and double check everything.
- Get your letters of support. Call up people/businesses you know and ask them for a letter of support. You can even have the letters drafted and then have them sign them and send them back to you.
- Submit the proposal before the last minute. Sometimes proposals/grants will be rejected because they are late by 20 seconds.
For more information visit Colorado’s Incentives and Financing.
2 thoughts on “Incentives And Financing For Colorado Businesses”
Hi there, thanks for the great tips by the way. However, I do have a question that I think you could
answer for me. I was wondering what’s the best way
to gain referrals for your bookkeeping/tax preparation business?
If you could give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it!
You are welcome. Feel free to read these two articles of ours- Take Your Public Speaking To The Next Level and The Secret To Building Trust With Your Customers. These two articles will help you gain referrals for your bookkeeping and tax preparation business. Not only will these two articles help you with your business, but they will also be beneficial to other industries as well.
Comments are closed.